J.B’s Murder: Court Adjourns To August 5

An Accra District Court hearing J. B. Danquah Adu’s murder case has adjourned the matter to August 5 due to the absence of both the prosecution and the defence counsel when the case was called on Tuesday.

Daniel, one of the accused persons, was seen holding and reading the Holy Bible, an act he was not seen doing when the court process started.

At the last adjourned date, the court fixed July 19 to rule on an application filed by the defence counsel for prosecution to produce a medical report on one of the accused persons.

Mr Augustine Obuor, the counsel for the accused person, told the court that his client Daniel Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon was sent to the Police Hospital to ascertain his real age but prosecution refused to make the report available to them.
“My Lord, my client was marched to the hospital like a lamb,” he added.

Responding Chief Superintendent of Police Francis Baah said it was not time for the defence counsel to start demanding for documents from prosecution.

The court presided over by Worlanyo Kotoku adjourned the case to decide whether the prosecution have to present the report to the defence counsel or not.

Vincent Bosso the second accused person was arraigned on the charge of Abetment of crime to wit murder.
Bosso was in the company of Daniel, who is also being held for murder of the Late MP for Abuakwa North on February 9, this year at his Shiashie residence at about 1:00am.

The facts as presented by Chief Superintendent Baah were that the deceased J. B. Danquah-Adu lived with his family in one storey building at Shiashie, East Legon.

The accused persons Asiedu and Bosso lived at Agbgboloshie.
On February 8, at about 11:40 pm, the deceased came home in his private vehicle driven by his driver Samuel Berko Sarkodie.

Prosecution said the driver having brought his master home handed over the ignition keys to him and left for his residence at Kasoa.

The deceased then retired to bedroom located upstairs. At about 01:00 hours, Asiedu and Bosso armed went to the house of the deceased, prosecution said.

According to prosecution, Asiedu after entering the house picked up a ladder and climbed to the porch of the top floor and entered the bedroom of the deceased through the window while the deceased was sleeping.

“Asiedu began to search the room but the deceased woke up and held him. Asiedu resisted and stabbed the deceased on the right chest above the breast. The deceased held the knife and Asiedu pulled the knife through the deceased hands creating a deep cut in his palm,” prosecution said.

Source: GNA

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.