Ghanamatters.com, has sighted letter a purportedly written by Dr. Rashid Kwesi Etuaful, Parliamentary Candidate for Ajumako-Enyan-Essiam in support of Ekow Ewusi, the suspended vice chairman of the party.
Ekow Ewusi was arrested with six other persons in connection with the missing 500 excavators ceased from the galamsey operation.
Read the full letter below.
*To:* National Executive Committee Of
The New Patriotic Party
*From:* Dr. Rashid Kwesi Etuaful
Parliamentary Candidate for
*Date:* 5th February, 2020.
*Subject:* The arrest of Mr. Ekow
Ewusi and the way forward.
I write to register my displeasure towards the leadership of the new patriotic party for allowing the arrest of Mr. Horace Ekow Ewusi, Central Regional 1st Vice Chairman.
The earlier we sweep this matter under the carpet, the better for central region and the party at large.
I serve the leadership of the party this notice in good faith and with a clear conscience without any malice or ill-motive whatsoever.
The central regional 1st Vice Chairman, Mr. Horace Ekow Ewusi has made massive donations to the party to enhance its operations towards our victory in the 2020 general elections especially in central region.
I would want to use this medium to share some of the immersed contributions of Mr. Horace Ekow Ewusi since he took over as the Central regional 1st vice chairman.
1. Mr. Horace Ekow Ewusi has presented a number of vehicles to all 23 constituencies of the NPP in the region which Ajumako Enyan Essiam constituency benefited 29 cars to be distributed among 29 drivers from various branches in the constituency to operate the cars under a “work and pay” scheme.
2. Abura Asebu Kwamankese and Upper Denkyira West benefited from a brand new excavators each to be used for mining activities in order to support and finance activities of the party in those constituencies.
3. Mr. Ekow Ewusi has also donated new laptop computers to all the 23 constituency offices for proper storage of party data and administrative works.
4. Mr. Ekow Ewusi has given out brand new motorbikes to all regional communication team members and all the 23 constituency youth organisers to enhance their movement.
5. As I write today, Mr. Ekow Ewusi has procured 200 saloon cars and would be distributed in May 2020 immediately after the primaries. These cars would be distributed to all the 23 constituencies in the region in order to increase our chances of winning massively in central region.
6. Mr. Ekow Ewusi has been my backbone and financier before, during and after my primaries in Ajumako Enyan Essiam constituency
Mr. Ekow Ewusi gave me Ghc 300,000 as a parliamentary aspirant of an orphan constituency to be used to soften grounds before the 2020 general election.
7.Again Mr Ekow Ewusi has provide a parliamentary aspirant for the Agona West Constituency with 30 cars to help improve his chances to become the parliamentary candidate
On this note, I want the leadership of the party to invite Mr. Robert Kutin Jnr and Mr. Kennedy Agyepong, ( the alleged persons behind this plot) so that every issue at hand can be solved amicably going forward.
I want to state without any equivocation that Mr. Ekow Ewusi is not taking shine or glory of Hon Kennedy Agyepong and Chairman Kutin in the central region as alleged.
I call on all stakeholders in the party to step into this matter and bring close to the matter in question, since the fact remains that our survival as a party in the central region is with Mr Ekow Ewusi and not any other person.
Dr. Rashid Kwesi Etuaful
Ajumako Enyan Essiam Constituency.