The office of the special prosecutor has been petitioned to begin independent investigation and possible prosecution of the embattled president of the Ghana Football Association, Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi. This petition comes in the wake of the evidenced gathered from the #Number12 project by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
Below is the full statement from ASEPA…
OUR REF: ………………………… YOUR REF: ……………………………………..
7TH JUNE, 2018
*PETITION TO THE OFFICE OF THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR TO INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE PRESIDENT OF THE GHANA FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION FOLLOWING AN EXPOSE BY TIGER EYE P.I.*
In Accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Ghana which is the Supreme Court of the Land and The Special Prosecutor Act, Act 663,2018.
We write to Petition the Office of the Special Prosecutor to officially take over the investigation and Prosecution of the President of the Ghana football Association Mr.Kwesi Nayantakyi and other officials of the Ghanaian Football Association who have been indicted in the recent expose by Anas Aremeyaw Anas dubbed Number 12.
We therefore by this petition request for the following action to be taken by the Office of the special prosecutor:
1. Invite Mr. Nyantakyi for questioning as well as other members of the F.A who have been caught or mentioned on tape including Match officials.
2. Invite Mr. Anthony Karbo and Mr. Kennedy Agyapong for further interrogation to assist in the Special Prosecutor in investigating the matter.
3. Cause Mr. Nyantakyi to refund an amount of $65,000 he allegedly took as bribe from the decoy investors as well as referees and match officials who took various sums from the Tiger P.I Team.
4. Cause Mr. Nyantakyi to issue a formal APOLOGY to the Presidency and The entire People of Ghana for bringing the Name of the Highest office of the Land under Public ridicule both locally and internationally.
5. Cause Mr. Nyantakyi to VACATE his Position as President of Ghana Football Association with Immediate effect.
6. Invite officials of the Presidency to assist the investigations on behalf of the President of Ghana whose name have been dragged into this by Mr. Nyantakyi who made certain damning revelations about the Presidency that needs to be investigated.
We have there considered to petition your high office to take up this investigation and Prosecution because we are not particularly satisfied with the work of the Criminal Investigations Department (C.I.D), We believe as it stands the C.I.D has lost the institutional integrity to investigate this matter to bring it to a conclusive end.
We also believe that this a test case for the Office of The Special Prosecutor to entrench itself as the formidable institution in the fight against Corruption among Politically Exposed Individuals.